A star professor at a leading medical research institute accuses a colleague of drugging and sexually assaulting a student. Department chair Brad Parker and university detective Karen Richmond join forces to investigate, but their efforts are stymied when the victim can’t remember what happened. Then her memory begins to return—and she’s brutally raped and murdered. The conclusion seems obvious, but in the absence of forensic evidence the police hit a stone wall. Until Brad and Karen’s inquiries take an unexpected turn that threatens their own lives and exposes a cover-up at the highest levels of the university.
A riveting look at the culture that promotes sexual misconduct in academic life.
Praise for Nondisclosure
- “This book manages to accomplish, in a short space, what few books are capable of with far more pages. It is at once a compelling mystery, a fascinating peek into the politics of academia, and a nuanced look at the Me Too movement. This is a well-thought-out examination of current events and a worthy addition to the national conversation.” Manhattan Book Review
- “Geoffrey M. Cooper crafts a riveting saga of mystery, discovery, and redemption…. readers interested in medical thrillers will relish the turns taken in an engrossing story that’s hard to put down.” Midwest Book Review
- “A fast-paced medical thriller with a cast full of brilliant characters. Engaging and suspenseful to the very end!” San Francisco Book Review
- “Gene-targeted drugs and immunotherapy aren’t normally the stuff of heady thrillers, but thanks to liberal doses of drama, deceit, and interpersonal relationships woven into the storyline, Nondisclosure is a riveting read with wide appeal. A medical thriller with plenty of twists and turns, Nondisclosure is sure to satisfy lovers of the genre.” Self-Publishing Review
- “Nondisclosure successfully continues in the same vein as The Prize as a story of murder and deceit in the world of scientific research and academia….All told, Nondisclosure is an outstanding murder mystery, one that should help Geoffrey M. Cooper continue to make a name for himself as an intelligent, thoroughly entertaining writer.” Colorado Book Review